Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stoney's and Milestones

If you know me, you know that I work a ton, leaving very little time for my wife and my son.  This is an area of my life that I know I need to work on, but starting a business and trying to provide for my family through that business has proved to be a lot more work than even I imagined.

At any rate, I had the pleasure of spending some quality time with my two favorite people this past week / weekend, so my next few posts will reflect the long overdue family time.  Kris decided she needed to see the hairdresser on Wednesday of last week, so I got to stay home with Carver for the morning.  Since we haven't seen each other hardly any these last few months, I wanted to make it a special morning for the boy.  We started out with a trip to Stoney's Restaurant in Clarkesville.  We shared a big platter of biscuits and gravy, complete with scrambled eggs, sausage, and even some jelly.  Here's a few pics of our fun breakfast out together...

Here's our favorite breakfast spot.

The grub.  Carver likes breakfast just like his Daddy.

Carver's favorite restaurant pastime... playing with straws!

We ate everything on our plates, loaded up in the big blue truck and rolled on down the road back towards the house.  On the way home, we (or "I") hit a huge milestone with the truck and it made me happy to have Carver with me for the momentous occasion.  We crossed the 200,000 mark on the odometer that morning. I've anticipated this day for a long time.  Pretty much no one else would be excited about it, so it was good to at least have my little co-pilot along to share the moment with.  He played along with me as I pulled over and took a picture of the odometer so that we could remember this day together.  If he grows up to be like me, he would probably think it was a lame move, but I am going to pretend that it mattered to him as well.

Here's the proof...

Here's my faithful old truck...  She's been as loyal as a good dog to me...

We made it home, changed clothes and headed out for another adventure together.  More on that to come...


3 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled for you and your "milestone", but just so we are clear--- I do not have the same anticipation for seeing my car reach 200,000 miles... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't give up... you are so close... you might be the first person ever to take an escape 200k+... wouldn't that be awesome!! carver would be so proud of you too... i just know he would

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's find other reasons for Carver to be proud of me...

    ReplyDelete